Station Name: LIVERPOOL EXCHANGE

[Source: Paul Wright]



No. 1100 was one of the ‘1093’ Class (so called because 1093 was the number of the first loco in the class) of 4-4-0 passenger locos designed by JAF Aspinall, the L&Y’s chief mechanical engineer. It was built at the company’s Horwich loco works in July 1891, and reboilered in September 1915. It passed into the London Midland and Scottish (LMS) fleet in the grouping of 1923 being given the number 10156 and was withdrawn in December 1928, The locos had 7’ 3” driving wheels, and were fast runners; they were given the nickname 'Flyers'.

Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 13:32:05 BST
© 1998-2011 Disused Stations