THE 1886 LIVERPOOL EXCHANGE
In this view looking south from 1976 the 1850 and the 1886 lines to Liverpool Exchange can be seen. The 1850 line which was formed of brick arches is to the right. The 1886 line at this point was supported on iron columns and it is seen to the left. There was a junction between the two lines from 1850 until 1941. Liverpool Exchange No.1 signal box, seen in the view, dated from 1962 and was built on the trackbed of the 1850 line.
Photo by John Blinkhorn
Click here to return to main page
|Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 13:32:40 BST||
© 2004-2015 Disused Stations