PRINCES LANDING STAGE

[Source: Paul Wright]
 
Looking north-west towards Princes Landing stage from the Royal Liver Building in the early years of the second decade of the 20th century. RMS Lusitania is seen departing from the stage on a journey to New York. A few years later on 7 May 1915 she was sunk off the south coast of Ireland by a German U-Boat. To the right of the landing stage Liverpool Riverside station can be seen.


Looking north along the Princes Landing Stage in the ealy years of the 20th century.


Princes Landing Stage looking east in 1910 from an approaching liner. Riverside station can be seen beyond the stage.


An aerial view of the Princes Landing Stage, Riverside station and Princes Dock in 1927.
Reproduced with the kind permission of Simmons Aerofilms Ltd


Princes Landing Stage seen from the air in 1937.
Reproduced with the kind permission of Simmons Aerofilms Ltd


The 'Empress of Canada' seen at the Princes Landing stage in September 1968.
Photo by Les Fifoot



The remains of the Princes Landing stage building being demolished in 1990.
Photo by Alan Scott


Princes Landing stage seen looking east in 1990 when only the eastern wall
of the building was still standing.
Photo by Alan Scott


The Liverpool Cruise Liner terminal seen looking north on 13 August 2012. The cruise ship Ocean Countess was preparing to depart for St Petersburg. The terminal occupies the site of the Princes Landing Stage.
P
hoto by Paul Wright

The site of the Princes Landing Stage looking north-east on 13 August 2012. A section of the original liner terminal can be seen to the left.
Photo by Paul Wright

Looking north from the southern end of Princes Parade on 22 February 2013. The Princes Landing Stage had been to the left and Riverside station to the right.
Photo by Paul Wright

A surviving section of the original Princes Parade liner terminal seen on 22 February 2013.
Photo by Paul Wright


Very little of the extensive liner facilities that once existed at Princes Parade have survived into the 21st century. A small section towards the northern end was still standing on 30 March 2015 and it is seen in this view looking west.
Photo by Paul Wright

Click here to return to main page

 

 

 

[Source: Paul Wright]




Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 13:32:44 BST
© 2004-2015 Disused Stations