Looking north towards Loughborough Central Station in March 1978. The engine at the centre of the picture is King Haakon 7 (works no. 377), one of the last twenty one C Class locos built in Sweden in 1919. Interestingly, it hauled a rescue mission in 1940 that saved King Haakon 7 and his son Olav from the advancing Germans. The other steam loco is Robert Nelson No.4.
by R F Hartley
Sunday, 21-May-2017 14:35:51 CEST
© 1998-2008 Disused Stations