Station Name: LOWTON

[Source: Paul Wright]
 
Lowton station looking north from the 1847 Newton-le-Willows junction line in the early 1950s. The station building and its low level platform can be seen to the right adjacent to the original Wigan Junction line of 1832. The higher level platforms that were added later can be seen extending beyond the Southworth Road bridge.
Copyright photo from Stations UK

Lowton station looking north in August 1976.
Photo by John Mann

Lowton Junction seen in August 1976. The southern ramp of the Lowton station up platform can be seen to the left.
Photo by John Mann

The access path of the Lowton station down platform seen in December 2005.
Photo by Paul Wright

Lowton Junction looking south in December 2005.
Photo by Paul Wright

Looking north at the Lowton station platforms on 26 September 2010.
Photo by Paul Wright

The site of the Lowton station building seen on 26 September 2010.
Photo by Paul Wright


Lowton Junction looking south-east on 26 September 2010. Lowton station
building was to the left of the line.
Photo by Paul Wright

Click here to return to main page

 

 

 

[Source: Paul Wright]


Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 13:36:27 BST
© 1998-2014 Disused Stations