[Source: Paul Wright]
Early 20th c
Copyright photo from John Alsop collection
42421 is s een running light at Macclesfield Hibel Road in June 1959. This is a 4P 2-6-4 passenger tank designed by Fowler and built in 1933 at Derby works for the LMS. Entering service on 6 December as 2421, this loco passed into BR ownership and was renumbered 42421 which it carried until withdrawal from 5C, Stafford shed on 21 August 1964 then scrapped during October, possibly at Crewe works. The small locomotive depot at Hibel Road is out of view to the right.
Photo by Ben Brooksbank
Photo by Nick Catford