[Source: Nick Catford]

Although closed to passengers in 1952 Melcombe Regis saw regular passenger use not only as a relief station form Weymouth but also as a stop on numerous railtours. This is the REC 'South Dorset' railtour from Bournemouth West in 7 June 1958. 30107 started life on the LSWR after being built at Nine Elms works in 1905. Originally called ‘Motor Tanks’ and classified X14, these push-pull fitted locos were absorbed into the M7 class then renumbered by BR with the ‘30’ prefix. Withdrawn in May 1964 from 71B, Bournemouth shed, it was cut up for scrap five months later.
Copyright photo by RM Casserley

Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 15:39:04 CEST
© 1998-2013 Disused Stations