Station Name: MELCOMBE REGIS
[Source: Nick Catford]
3737 was built at GWR's Swindon Works in 1937 and entered service in the September. A Collett-designed 57XX Pannier Tank, it had a service life of exactly 27 years, when it was withdrawn from 85B, Gloucester Horton Road, in September 1964 and scrapped during April 1965. It is seen working a leg of the RCTS, (London Branch) 'The Greyhound' railtour from Melcombe Regis to Easton and return on 14 August 1960, with three Bulleid coaches.
Photo from John Mann collection