[Source: Nick Catford]

61436 approaching Middleton-on-the-Wolds station c. early 1960s. 61436 was built in 1922 to a Vincent Raven design at Darlington works. A B16, it was one of a class of 70, 69 of which passed into BR ownership. It was withdrawn from 50A, York North shed on 30.9.1961 and cut up in March 1962. The one loco that didn't make BR ownership was LNER 925. This was badly bomb damaged in 1942 at York shed and scrapped
Photo from Alan Brown collection

Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 15:40:21 CEST
© 1998-2011 Disused Stations