The goods yard at Millfield station looking north-west in 1977. These facilities continued to operate adjacent to the first passenger station site after the latter was replaced in 1890 with a new station on the far side of Hylton Road. At the time of the photo coal is still handled. The goods offices are in the red brick buildings just left of centre and the first station building is at rail level just this
side of Hylton Road bridge.
by Alan Lewis from his Ipernity photo gallery