[Source: Nick Catford]

Date opened: 18.12.1871
Location: At the end of a long bridge running from the end of Harrow Lane
Company on opening: Great Eastern Railway
Date closed to passengers: 4.5.1926
Date closed completely: 14.11.1927
Company on closing: London & North Eastern Railway
Present state: Demolished
County: London
OS Grid Ref: TQ380806
Date of visit: 1968

Notes: The station buildings were demolished in 1965 but the platforms remained into the 1980's and were finally removed during the construction of the Docklands Light Railway. The only evidence is a change in the brickwork in the wall at the end of Harrow Road where a short path leading to the access bridge passed through the wall.


Milwall Junction in 1968
Photo by Nick Catford

[Source: Nick Catford]

Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 15:42:15 CEST
© 1998-2004 Disused Stations