[Source: Nick Catford & Paul Wright]
61385 is seen from the signal box at the east end of Morecambe Euston Road station in August 1961. It was built in 1951 and entered service at 37A, Ardsley shed on 25 October. Built at North British Loco Company, Glasgow to the successful Thompson B1 design, this loco lasted until withdrawal from Ardsley Shed after just 14 years service on 31 October 1965 and scrapped by Hughes Bolckows of North Blyth during February 1966. The B1 was the LNER's equivalent to the highly successful GWR Hall Class and the LMS Stanier Black Five.
Photo by Ron Herbert