Station Name: MORPETH (East Coast main line)

[Source: Alan Young]

Morpeth station, looking south-west along the down platform in August 1974. Although this platform has been stripped of its buildings, those on the up platform are intact. A generous canopy shelters much of the platform and is continued as a verandah in front of the splendid station building of 1847. This roofing, with Star of David motifs in the spandrels, dates from the 1880s. The BR Eastern Region’s massive lamp standards dominate the view.
Photo by Alan Young

Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 15:44:05 CEST
© 1998-2012 Disused Stations