Station Name: NEWBIGGIN

[Source: Alan Young]


67341 at the eastern end of Newbiggin station in February 1957. The locomotive was built at Darlington works in 1901 to a design by Wilson Worsdell for the NER. Carrying the number 384, this 0-4-4 tank was intended for suburban passenger work at which it was very successful, so much so that the 110 locos built in the 1900s all passed to BR ownership in 1948. This loco was renumbered by the LNER to 7341 in 1946 before passing to BR and lasting almost another ten years before being withdrawn from 53A, Hull Dairycoates shed in November 1958.
Photo by Les Turnbull

Last updated: Saturday, 14-Jul-2012 18:54:52 BST
© 1998-2012 Disused Stations