Station Name: NEWMARKET (2nd station)
[Source: Nick Catford]
1926 1:2,500 OS map shows some development around the station site. The ‘Coronation Hotel’ has opened at the end of The Avenue and, behind the hotel, an auction mart. The west arm of The Avenue later became 'Station Approach'. Another bay platform, or more likely a siding along the back of the platform, has been provided at the north end of the down platform . A second signal box is shown between the station and Woodditton Road bridge on the down side; its purpose is unknown. Both canopies have been extended, both running the full length of the platforms.