Station Name: NORWICH CITY

[Source: Glen Kilday]

1928 1:2,500 OS map. Comparing the location in 1886 with 1928 we see that the land north-west of the station had been reclaimed and developed, and the ‘Liable to Floods’ note on the map had gone. The coal yard has been expanded with coal bins now shown. Note the siding running across Station Road to a jetty on the River Wensum and into Norwich Corporation's Westwick Depot.

Last updated:
© 1998-2019 Disused Stations