Station Name: NOTTINGHAM LONDON ROAD LL
[Source: Nick Catford]
1881 1:500 OS Town Plan clearly shows the layout of the station as built. The original trainshed covered only the west end of the station; this was later extended by the GNR. There is a two-road engine shed immediately east of the station. Although the LNWR had its own goods station nearby it also had a goods warehouse at London Road. The GNR corn warehouse is seen top right. The Midland line runs along the bottom of the map.