Station Name: PELAW (3rd site)
[Source: Alan Young]
A coal train trundles westwards into Pelaw (third) station in June 1967 hauled, bunker-first, by 65882. This Worsdell-designed J27 0-6-0 was built in August 1922 at Darlington. It entered NER service and was modified by Raven and carried the LNER number 5882. At Nationalisation in 1948 its home was 50C Selby shed, and it ended its days at 54A Sunderland South Dock. Withdrawn on 30 September 1967 the loco was cut up by Thompson’s of Stockton in the following November.
Photo by David Christie from his Flickr photostream