Station Name: PLYMOUTH FRIARY
[Source: Martin James]
The second Plymouth Friary shed was a 3-road building some distance west of the terminus, adjacent to Lucas Terrace Halt. It opened in June 1908 and closed 6th May 1963. The shed was renowned in BR days for its allocation of four very difficult to catch West Country Pacifics! The picture shows a classic LSWR 'glasshouse' building.
Photo from Roger Griffiths collection