Station Name: POLTON
[Source: Nick Catford]
67495 in the overnight stabling siding at Polton c. early 1950s. This Reid-designed C15 was built in 1916 at NBR's works in Glasgow. It entered service as NBR No 451, then to the LNER and renumbered first to 9451 and again in 1946 to 7495, BR adding the 6 in 1948. It was withdrawn from 64G, Hawick shed on 9.7.1955 to be scrapped at Kilmarnock Works in May 1956
Photo from Bill Lynn collection.