Station Name: PURFLEET RIFLE RANGE
[Source: Nick Catford]
Purfleet Rifle Range station in 1950, two years after closure to passenger traffic. The station remained intact at this time, the shelter is clearly seen on the up platform. Immediately wedst of the station a standard gauge spur curves rounnd to the cordite store which is surrounded by earth banks for blast protection. A narrow guage line comes out of the cordite store passing eiigh WW2 andti-aircraft amunition magazines (EAM). A spur from this line is seen entering the EAM at its south end. The land top left is part of Purfleet Rifle Range.
Photo from Britain From Above reporduced with permission