Station Name: PURFLEET RIFLE RANGE
[Source: Nick Catford]
18th century gunpowder magazines in 1920. Mardike Sluice is seen bottom right. The narrow gauge tramway can be seen just to the west of the sluice. One branch turns right over the sluice to serve the WW2 EAM. . A tramway junction is seen just beyond the fence. One line runs along the front of the ammunition magazines while the other line runs to the quay were it turns sharply to the right onto the jetty. Having turned right another branch turns sharply left running in front of the buildings on the quay. Two rail mounted cranes are also seen on the quay.
Photo from Britain From Above reproduced with permission