RADCLIFFE

PHOTO GALLERY

[Source: Paul Wright]

 

The booking hall at Radcliffe station looking east in 1916. The main entrance is to the left. The subway that provided access to platform 4 can be seen in the distance.
Copyright photo from the National Railway Museum collection with permission

Radcliffe station looking south in 1916.
Copyright photo from the National Railway Museum collection with permission

An aerial view of Radcliffe Central station taken in 1935.
Photo from the Britain from Above website with permission

In this aerial view from 1935 a Bury Bolton Street to Manchester Victoria electric train can be seen at platform 4. Platform 1 had lost its canopy by this time. After 1916 it had been little used as Bolton services terminated at and started from platform 2.
Photo from the Britain from Above website with permission

Looking north along the down east fork platform in May 1975. This platform had originally been numbered 3 but it was renumbered as 1 in 1959 when the station was rebuilt.
Photo by John Mann

The disused former Radcliffe West Fork up line platform seen in May 1975. Originally numbered as platform 2 it became platform 3 in 1959 when the station was rebuilt. There were no regular services from this platform in 1959 but it was provided to serve excursion and holiday trains.
Photo by John Mann

The 1959 entrance to Radcliffe station seen in May 1975.
Photo by John Mann

A Radcliffe station information board located near to the main entrance seen in May 1975.
P
hoto by John Mann


When the station was renamed as simply Radcliffe in 1971 it was fitted with new signs of the type shown in this view from May 1975.
P
hoto by John Mann

The up Radcliffe East Fork platform looking north on 19 July 1985. At this time the platform was numbered as 1. Before 1959 it had been numbered as platform 4.
P
hoto by Alan Young

Click here to return to main page

 

 

 

[Source: Paul Wright]




Last updated: Saturday, 30-Sep-2017 12:54:33 BST
© 2004-2017 Disused Stations