Station Name: RAYDON WOOD
1888 1:2,500 OS map. This map shows the original layout of Raydon station (note the original name). The goods yard at this time comprised the loop siding with one dead end siding running west from the loop. The goods shed is sited at the west end of the loop. At this time the signal box hadn't been provided. The crossing keeper’s cottage is seen alongside the crossing on the up side.