40657 is seen working the Watford Junction to Rickmansworth and Rickmansworth to St Albans Abbey legs of the Branch Lines Society North London Railtour on 12 March 1961. A Fowler designed 2P, this 4-4-0 was built at Crewe works and entered LMS service as 657 in October 1931. With a service life of just over 31 years, it was withdrawn from 1C Watford Shed in October 1962 and scrapped two months later. Sadly, none of these pretty Crimson Ramblers were preserved, all being withdrawn by the end of 1962.
(and ticket) by David Pearson