SALTLEY - GALLERY

[Source: Terry Callaghan]
 
The private siding that was located at Saltley station looking south-west from the island platform in 1951. Saltley stataion did not have public goods facilities due to its close proximity to
Lawley Street goods station.
Copyright photo by R J Essery from the John Mann collection

An ex-LMS Stanier 5MT 4-6-0 (Black 5) locomotive is seen from the Saltley viaduct heading in the Washwood Heath direction with a mixed freight train in September 1962.
Photo by Ben Brooksbank

Looking north-east from the end of the island platform in September 1962. A Class 4F 0-6-0 locomotive is seen heading towards Birmingham.
Photo by Ben Brooksbank


Saltley station in the mid-1960's. The view was taken from the base of the steps that connected the platform to the Saltley viaduct. Standing at the up platform is a Cravens DMU on a local working.
Copyright photo from Lens of Sutton collection


The original entrance to the Saltley station up platform prior to the rebuilding associated with the widening of the line in 1899. This entrance was not re-used in the remodelled station.
Photo by Terry Callaghan

The former entrance to the up platform of Saltley station prior to its rebuilding in 1899 seen from the Saltley viaduct on 12 December 2013.
Photo by Terry Callaghan


The entrance to the former down platform of the original station which was re-used to provide access to the island platform of the rebuilt station seen on 12 December 2013.
Photo by Terry Callaghan

 

 

 

[Source: Terry Callaghan]




Last updated: Friday, 26-May-2017 10:51:30 CEST
© 1998-2014 Disused Stations