Station Name: SHAWCLOUGH & HEALEY
[Source: Alan Young]
1959 1: 2,500 OS map. Although it handles only goods traffic now, the station is still named. The loops, sidings and goods warehouse are still in place. Illustrating OS policy of giving ‘security treatment’ to industrial premises in the Cold War era, the asbestos factory is now just ‘Works’. The factory continued to make use of the railway, being one of its primary customers until the line closed to all traffic in August 1967.The station cottages are now shown as nos.2, 4 and 6 Harridge Bank.