|Station Name: SIX MILE BOTTOM
1902 1:2,500 OS map shows the layout of the station and goods yard. The main part of the goods yard is to the east if the London Road level crossing on the down side; it comprises a large goods shed behind the down platform served by a long loop siding. The siding runs over London Road and through the shed but is not protected by the crossing gates. There is another siding on the up side running up to the east end of the up platform. On the west side of the crossing on the up side two parallel sidings serve a cattle dock end on; cattle pens are sited alongside the sidings. Two buildings are seen on the up platform, that to the west, closer the crossing, is believed to be the original N & C building while that to the east is a later Great Eastern Railway construction. The two buildings are joined by a canopy. A small shelter can just be made out on the opposite platform. The signal box and adjacent crossing keeper's cabin are sited between the dock and the crossing. Four station cottages are seen to the south of the station.
updated: Saturday, 31-Dec-2016 12:37:12 GMT ||
© 1998-2014 Disused Stations