Station Name: SOUTH BANK (2nd site)
[Source: Alan Young]
Looking west along the south (up) face of South Bank station’s island platform in November 1972. The buildings and platform roofing, which date from the station’s opening in 1882, are still in place, although the station has been unstaffed for three years. The lighting and small name signs were provided by the LNER, and the running-in board, set at an unusual angle, was installed by BR(NE) in the mid 1950s.
Photo by John Mann