Notes: The line from Shipley to Laisterdyke Junction was opened
by the Great Northern
Railway in 1874 with a separate station at Shipley and intermediate
stations at Thackley, Idle and Eccleshill. The separate GN station
at Shipley was later closed to passengers and a new junction linked
the line with the main Shipley station. Initial traffic included
limestone from Ingleton and Skipton for the ironworks at Low Moor.
Passenger traffic was less successful and was withdrawn and the
stations closed in 1931. The line was then singled, but goods
traffic between Shipley and Laisterdyke continued until 1968.