Station Name: TOLLERTON (1st & 2nd site)
[Source: Alan Young]
In January 1961 the new signal box was opened 300yd south-east of Tollerton station on the up side of the tracks beside the entrance to the station’s sidings. The box was part of a signalling upgrade of the East Coast main line following the completion of the quadrupling projects in 1959, and it controlled 12 route miles. The box, which is seen here in June 1981, closed in 1989 when a facility at York took control of a much longer stretch of the main line.
Photo by Victor Long from his Flickr photostream