Station Name: TONGHAM HALT
[Source: Peter A. Harding]
1959 1:2,500 (25-inch) OS map shows Tongham station shortly before final closure. The passenger platforms and platforms buildings have gone but the lower floor of the main station building survives and now acts as a support for a post-war footbridge that spans the track alongside the road bridge. The Aldershot gas works siding has been lifted and is shown as 'Dismantled Railway'. The dog biscuit factory and its siding behind the down platform have also gone. The goods yard sidings are still there and the goods dock is identified as a platform. The War Office siding serving a long building parallel with the down line is seen opposite the goods yard. It is not known if the depot shown on the map remained in military use into the 1960s. By 1968 all the buildings had been cleared and replaced with a GPO engineering centre.