Station Name:TOOTING JUNCTION
[Source: Nick Catford]
1895 1: 1560 OS map shown both the old station and its replacement on the east side of Mitcham Road. Although published in 1895 the survey was probably made in 1893 when the station was still open. The station building is seen at the east end of the up main line platform with an open shelter in the form of a canopy on the island platform. A coal depot is seen on the down side of the Merton Park line. An access road to the goods yards runs from Mitcham Road to Finborough Road. There is a small goods shed behind the down platform backing on to this road.