Station Name: TROUTBECK

[Source: Alan Young]

1899 1: 2,500 OS map. There have been significant developments since the 1860s map. A second (down) platform and shelter have been constructed with a signal box beyond its eastern end. A brick & tile works is close to the station served by a siding installed c1867. The footbridge east of ther signal box would have been for staff at the brick and tile works who used the up platform. There is an additional siding north of the coal depot. The station building is shown to include a post office. The Troutbeck Hotel has been constructed north of the station, beyond which is a livestock auction mart. This double-track stretch of the CK&P begins just north-east of the station.




[Source: Nick Catford]

Last updated:
© 1998-2020 Disused Stations