Station Name: TWEEDMOUTH
[Source: Alan Young]
1866 1:2,500 OS map. The principal additions to Tweedmouth station are the very large goods warehouse, north-east of the passenger station, and although it is not acknowledged on the map, the original warehouse is now used as a loco repair shop. Two rows of railwaymen’s housing – Howick Terrace and Falloden Terrace – built in 1902 are now shown at the eastern edge of the station site. The Station Hotel is no longer named, having ceased to function as such. The trainshed has been removed from the passenger station (in 1906) and glazed awnings are now installed in their place. Click here fror a larger version.