Notes: Wavertree Station opened on what had become the LNWR
main line to destinations south from Liverpool Lime Street.
On 13.7.1891 the line became quadruple from Wavertree to Ditton
Junction and presumably the station was rebuilt at that time.
The station was originally to be called Wellington Road but
the name was changed to Wavertree before opening. From 1891
the station was accessed from between the two bridges that supported
the four lines.
A subway connected to four platforms situated on an embankment
well above street level. The platforms had waiting facilities
constructed of timber. The station closed on 5.8.1958. Nothing
remains at track.
A new Wavertree Station opened in the 1990's but it is on a
completely different line.
See also Sefton
Park & Allerton on the same line