Station Name:WEST HOATHLY

[Source: Nick Catford]

West Hoathly Station Gallery 3: Summer 1966 - January 2014


West Hoathly station looking north from the down platform in summer 1966.
Photo by Richard Clark

West Hoathly station looking south from the down platform towards Sharpthorne Tunnel in summer 1966. The ‘Railway Hotel’ is seen on the right. Click here to see what the pub looks like today.
Photo by Richard Clark
The main station building at West Hoathly during demolition in October 1967.
Photo by Nick Catford

West Hoathly station looking south towards Sharpthorne Tunnel in October 1967 during the demolition of the station building. The building was being demolished to make way for a new housing development which, fortunately, never happened.
Photo by Nick Catford

West Hoathly station looking north in April 1976. The Bluebell Railway purchased the land in 1975 to ensure that it was not sold for housing development.
Photo by Nick Catford

West Hoathly station looking south in April 1976.
Photo by Nick Catford

Looking south towards Sharpthorne Tunnel from West Hoathly station circa early 1980s.
Photo by Richard Kelly

West Hoathly station looking north in 1983.
Photo by Alan Lewis from his Ipernity photo gallery

West Hoathly station looking south towards Sharpthorne Tunnel in January 1986. Once the edge slabs are removed the platform quickly degrades.
Photo by Alan Young

LBSC Tank 473 'Birch Grove' passing through the disused platforms at West Hoathly. The single track has been re-laid away from the two remaining platforms.
Photo from Paul Pettitt's Railway Photographs web site

Looking through the large rear windows of the 1913 vintage London & North Western Railway observation car as it runs through the degraded platforms at West Hoathly station in August 2010. It is one of the long-term aims of the Bluebell Railway to rebuild the station in its original style and
set in the 1940s.
Photo by Ron Fisher from his Flickr photostream

Looking north from Sharpthorne Tunnel towards West Hoathly station in August 2010.
Photo by Ron Fisher from his Flickr photostream


The Ecclesbourne Valley Railway’s diesel multiple unit is seen at West Hoathly in January 2014 during a partial closure for engineering work on the Bluebell Railway during January and early February 2014. The DMU is formed of Class 101 Driving Motor Composite E51505, built in 1959, and a Class 108 (at the front) Driving Motor Brake Second E50599, built in 1958.
Photo by Christopher Livings from his Flickr photostream

Click here to see more pictures of West Hoathly station


 

 

 

[Source: Nick Catford]



Last updated: Friday, 26-May-2017 08:58:51 BST
© 1998-2014 Disused Stations