[Source: Nick Catford]
Aerial view of Woburn Sands station and goods yard in 1931. The two platforms are seen at the bottom. Behind the up platform two sidings serve the large cattle dock, one ending end on to the dock. Cattle pens are seen on the dock. Behind the pens there are two further sidings one of which passes through the large goods shed. The building behind it is a stable. The 5-ton capacity yard crane is seen bottom right. The goods office is seen at the entrance to the goods yard with the weigh office next to it. The weighbridge is in shadow alongside. The end of the coal depot can just be made out behind the down platform. Woburn Sands brick works is seen to the north of the station. The Station Hotel is seen top left and between the hotel and the weigh office there is a stable block.
Reproduced with the kind permission of Simmons Aerofilms Ltd