Woburn Sands station layout in 1957. The bulk of the goods yard was to the gods yard was behind the up platform with four sidings. Immediately behind the platform two sidings served the cattle dock, one along side and one end on. A cattle pen was located on the dock. To the south one siding passed through the large timber goods shed while another ran alongside it. The 5-ton capacity yard crane stood between these sidings and the cattle dock. The goods office, weighbridge and weigh office were sited at the entrance to the yard with a small stable block behind the goods shed. On the down side of the line two sidings served the coal yard which was behind the down platform. The coal office was at the entrance to the yard. From here a private siding ran into the gas works (originally the Woburn Sands and Aspley Guise Gas Company).