GARSTON

Photo Gallery 1972 - 2005

[Source: Paul Wright]
 

Garston station looking west on 4 April 1977. Trains were once again running along the line as evidenced by the shiny rails. They were works trains engaged in the electrification of the former CLC line between Liverpool Central and Garston. Work did not begin on the station until later in the year. Most of the features seen in this view were swept away and a more simple station was created.
P
hoto by Alan Young


Looking east along the down platform at Garston on 4 April 1977.
P
hoto by Alan Young


Garston station looking east from the west end of the up platform on 20 January 1979.
Photo by Roger Sutcliffe from his flickr photostream

Vintage traction at the reopened Garston station in May 1979. When Garston reopened on 3 January 1978 it was a terminus, and only the former down platform was brought back into use. Standing at that platform is a class 502 EMU of 1939 vintage. These units originally operated on the lines that ran north from Liverpool Exchange. The electrification and reopening of the CLC line to Garston allowed them to venture into the southern suburbs of Liverpool for the first time.
Photo by Roger Sutcliffe from his flickr photostream


Looking east at Garston station on 27 February 2005. The view shows the station in its third and final form. Garston became a through station again on 16 May 1983 when the Merseyrail Northern Line electrification was extended to Hunts Cross. The up platform at Garston was brought back into use.
Photo by Paul Wright

Click on thumbnail to enlarge

Click here for more pictures of Garston Station

 

 

 

[Source: Paul Wright]




Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 08:27:02 BST
© 1998-2013 Disused Stations