HOLYWELL JUNCTION

PHOTO GALLERY 1

1912 to 1971

[Source: Bevan Price & Paul Wright]

Military Horses are unloaded in one of Holywell Junctions goods bays in c.1912. There were a number of large military camps along the North Wales coast. In the background the island platform building with its awnings can clearly be seen. Also in view is the LNWR wooden eastbound slow platform building.
Copyright photo from John Alsop collection


The station building at Holywell Junction seen from the island platform in the 1930s.
Photo from the John Mann collection


Holywell Junction station looking north-west in 1936.


A Holywell Town shuttle service is seen in the bay platform at Holywell Junction in the early 1950s.
Photo from the John Mann collection


A 2-6-2 tank locomotive number 41276 from Rhyl depot (6K) waits at Holywell Junction with the auto train for Holywell Town.


A view looking north-west along the down slow line platform of Holywell Junction station in the late 1950s. The bay platform that had served Holywell Town branch trains can be seen to the left.
Photo from the John Mann collection


Looking south-east from the eastern end of the down slow line platform in the late 1950s.
Photo from the John Mann collection

Holywell Junction trolleys and a bench seen on the down slow line platform in 1961.
Photo from the John Mann collection

The Chester & Holyhead Railway station building at Holywell Junction seen from a passing train in 1969.
Photo from the John Mann collection

A view looking north-west towards Holywell Junction station from a passing train in 1971.
Photo by John Mann

Click here to see photos from the period 1973 to 2000

Click here to see photos from the period 2006 to 2015

Click here to return to main page



Last updated: Monday, 04-Apr-2016 17:39:04 BST
© 2004-2015 Disused Stations