The north end of Huskisson goods station during the visit of the 'Liverpool Suburban' rail tour on 13 June 1964. To the left can be seen the platform of the catttle station. Towering above the site is the former LYR Liverpool Exchange - Preston line. The locomotive seen in the picture is an ex LMS 3F Jinty No 47487. Built at Vulcan Foundry in January 1928, it was withdrawn in August 1965 from 8A, Edge Hill shed and scrapped at Birds, Morriston in December that year. The rail tour reporting number was 1T90. The fare was 19s 6d (97½p) or 11s 0d (55p). The route included the following stretches of line: Edge Hill circular goods line, Waterloo tunnel to Riverside MDHB, LNWR Alexandra Dock branch, Kirkby Estate branch, Aintree Sefton Junction to LYR North Mersey goods, Walton-on-the-Hill branch to Huskisson CLC goods and LNWR Garston Dock branch. The total itinerary was 60 miles and it was the claim of the organisers that 70% of this was over lines normally closed to regular passenger trains. After departure from Huskisson the train called at Walton-on-the-Hill station
before heading south via Gateacre.