Notes: The station was situated on the Grand Junction Railway
which opened between Crewe and Chester on 1.10.1840. It is
assumed to have opened with the line in 1840 although there
are no detailed timetables until June 1842; it was originally
called Nantwich. It was situated a couple of miles distant
from the town of Nantwich and when that town got its own station
in 1858, on a different line, it was renamed as Worlaston
on 1.9.1858 and corrected to Worleston in May 1852..
The station had two platforms with a sturdy brick built building
on the Chester bound platform. Wooden waiting facilities were
provided on the Crewe platform. Both platforms where linked
by a footbridge.
The station would have been served mainly by local trains.
The station closed in 1952 probably because of its remote
location. A goods service was maintained until November 1959
To see other stations on the
Crewe - Chester line click on the station name: Calverley,
Castle & Tarporley, Tattenhall,
& Waverton 2nd.