Notes: Bodfari Station was opened by the Mold & Denbigh Junction
Railway on 6.9.1869 as part of its line linking Mold to Denbigh.
From the outset services were operated by the LNWR who by this
time owned the Chester to Mold line which had an end on connection
to the Mold & Denbigh Junction line at Mold. The line retained
its independence until the Railways Act of 1921 when it became
part of the LMS.
The station was located to the west of a road bridge on the A541
(since demolished) close to the village of Bodfari. Its main station
building was located on the Chester platform and a waiting shelter
was provided on the Denbigh Platform.
|Although this line could never be described as a main line it
did host regular passenger services between Corwen, Ruthin, Denbigh,
Mold and Chester although by the early 1960's the only service
to operate was the all stations Chester General to Ruthin service
which usually consisted of only two coaches. From 28.4.1957 the line from Bodfari to Denbigh Junction
singled. Bodfari Station closed on 28.4.1962 and it is still standing
today as a private residence and Caravan Park.
Ticket from Michael Stewart
To see the other
stations on the Chester - Denbigh line click on the station name:
& Bretton, Kinnerton,
Low Level, Padeswood
& Buckley, Llong,