Station Name: BROCKLEBANK DOCK

 

[Source: Paul Wright]



Date opened: 6.3.1893
Location: On the west side of Regent Road between the junctions of Millers Bridge and Seymour Street
Company on opening: Liverpool Overhead Railway
Date closed to passengers: 30.12.1956
Date closed completely: 30.12.1956
Company on closing: Liverpool Overhead Railway
Present state: Demolished
County: Lancashire
OS Grid Ref: SJ335945
Date of visit: 19.6.2005

Notes: Brocklebank Dock was a typical Liverpool Overhead Railway station being located on the elevated line 16 feet above street level on the iron structure that carried the line above Liverpool's busy Dock Road and directly above the Dock Boards railway which ran throughout the length of the dock system linking the various goods facilities. Upon opening it was served by trains between Herculaneum Dock and Alexandra Dock stations. Between 1894 and 1905 extensions where made to Dingle in the south and in two stages to Seaforth & Litherland on the L&Y Liverpool. To Southport line. The station was connected to the street by stairs.

The line closed along with all of its stations on 30.12.1956 due to the structure corroding.

Brocklebank Dock station was demolished with the rest of the Overhead Railway towards the end of 1957.

To see the other stations on the Liverpool Overhead Railway click on the station name: Dingle, Herculaneum Dock, Toxteth Dock, Brunswick Dock, Wapping Dock, Canning, James Street, Pier Head, Princes Dock, Clarence Dock, Nelson Dock, Sandon Dock, Huskisson Dock, Canada Dock, Langton Dock, Alexandra Dock, Gladstone Dock & Seaforth Sands

Click here for a brief history of the Liverpool Overhead Railway

 

Looking south from Brocklebank Dock Station in the 1950's




Looking Northwest at the site of Brocklebank Dock Station in June 2005 from the Millers Bridge junction with Regent Road Bridge
P
hoto by Paul Wright


Click here for a brief history of the Liverpool Overhead Railway


 

 

 

:[Source: Paul Wright]


Home Page
Last updated: Tuesday, 20-Apr-2010 16:11:21 BST
© 1998-2005 Disused Stations