|Notes: Brunswick Dock was a typical Liverpool
Overhead Railway station being located on the elevated line
16 feet above street level on the iron structure that carried
the line above Liverpool's busy Dock Road and directly above
the Dock Boards railway which ran throughout the length
of the dock system linking the various goods facilities.
||Upon opening it was served by trains between
Herculaneum Dock and Alexandra Dock stations. Between 1894
and 1905 extensions where made to Dingle in the south and
in two stages to Seaforth & Litherland on the L&Y
Liverpool to Southport line.
The station was connected to the street by stairs.
The line closed along with all of its stations on 30.12.1956 due to the structure corroding.
Brunswick Dock station was demolished with the rest of the Overhead
Railway towards the end of 1957.
To see the other
stations on the Liverpool Overhead Railway click on the station
Street, Pier Head,
Nelson Dock, Sandon
Dock & Seaforth
for a brief history of the Liverpool Overhead Railway