Notes: Clarence Dock was a typical Liverpool Overhead Railway
station being located on the elevated line 16 feet above street
level on the iron structure that carried the line above Liverpool's
busy Dock Road and directly above the Dock Boards railway which
ran throughout the length of the dock system linking the various
||Upon opening it was served by trains between
Herculaneum Dock and Alexandra Dock stations.
Between 1894 and 1905 extensions where made to Dingle in
the south and in two stages to Seaforth & Litherland
on the L&Y Liverpool. To Southport line. The station
was connected to the street by steps.
According to Railway Magazine (April 1906) the station closed
5.3.1906. If this is true it was a short closure as it appeared
in the timetable of August 1908.
The line closed along with all of its stations on 30.12.1956 due to the structure corroding.
Clarence Dock Station was demolished with the rest of the Overhead
Railway towards the end of 1957
To see the other
stations on the Liverpool Overhead Railway click on the station
Street, Pier Head,
Nelson Dock, Sandon
Dock, Canada Dock,
for a brief history of the Liverpool Overhead Railway