Notes: Princess Dock was one of the original Liverpool Overhead
Railway (LOR) stations that opened with the line in 1893. It
was a typical LOR station being located on the elevated line
16 feet above street level on the iron structure that carried
the line above Liverpool's busy Dock Road, and directly above
the Dock Boards railway which ran throughout the length of the
dock system linking the various goods facilities. Upon opening
it was served by trains between Herculaneum Dock and Alexandra
Dock stations. Between 1894 and 1905 extensions where made to
Dingle in the south and in two stages to Seaforth & Litherland
on the L&Y Liverpool. To Southport line.
Princes Dock Station was extensively damaged during enemy action
in 1941 and never re-opened.
Princes Dock Station was demolished with the rest of the Overhead
Railway towards the end of 1957.
To see the other
stations on the Liverpool Overhead Railway click on the station
Street, Pier Head,
Nelson Dock, Sandon
Dock & Seaforth
for a brief history of the Liverpool Overhead Railway