Notes: A non timetabled station called Conway Marsh was opened on the Chester - Holyhead line one mile west of Conway in 1895 to serve a nearby army camp and ranges. After closure of the camp the station was retained for passenger excursions for which it was renamed Conway Morfa. The last recorded us os the station was in 1929.
For a full history of the Chester - Holyhead line see the North Wales Coast Railway web site
Further reading: The Chester & Holyhead Railway by Peter E. Baughan (1972) - Volume 1 & 2, Published by David & Charles ISBN 10-0715356178 and Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain Vol. 11, North & Mid Wales by P.E. Baughan, published by David & Charles (1991) ISBN-10: 0946537593. Tickets from Michael Stewart
To see other stations on the Chester - Holyhead line click on the station name: Sandycroft, Queensferry, Connahs Quay, Bagillt, Holywell Junction, Mostyn, Talacre, Prestatyn (1st site), Prestatyn (2nd site and Dystrth branch platform), Foryd, Llandulas, Llysfaen, Old Colwyn, Mochdre & Pabo, Llandudno Junction (1st site), Conway, Llanfairfechan, Aber, Menai Bridge, Britannia Bridge, Gaerwen & Valley