Notes: Situated on the original Liverpool Overhead Railway
line opened in 1893 Toxteth Dock was a typical LOR station being
located on the elevated line 16 feet above street level on the
iron structure that carried the line above Liverpool's busy
Dock Road and directly above the Dock Boards railway which ran
throughout the length of the dock system linking the various
||Upon opening it was served by trains between
Herculaneum Dock and Alexandra Dock stations. Between 1894
and 1905 extensions where made to Dingle in the south and
in two stages to Seaforth & Litherland on the L&Y
Liverpool to Southport line.
The line closed along with all of its stations on 30.12.1956 due to the structure corroding.
Toxteth Dock station was demolished with the rest of the Overhead
Railway towards the end of 1957.
To see the other
stations on the Liverpool Overhead Railway click on the station
Street, Pier Head,
Nelson Dock, Sandon
Dock & Seaforth
for a brief history of the Liverpool Overhead Railway